Saturday 12 October 2013

Our Move to Cebu

Instead of trying to keep everyone informed of our new life here I've decided to resurrect my old blog and post here so anyone who is interested can see what we're up to.

Blogging is much more practical than sending emails or trying to remember who was sent what, and who I forgot!! And also I'll build up some useful knowledge and experience.

Looking back at the last few weeks they have been a challenging and an interesting experience. Also not always that easy.

The transition was made much easier by the company providing me with a driver (this will be for an indefinite period!!) and Carol with a maid, Emily,  for the first week. I get picked up in the morning and brought home in the evening. Emily has now become a companion/maid and I'm sure you'll hear a lot more about her from Carol.

Looking back over the last few weeks they were pretty hectic as we had to pack up everything at home (and not on the basis of making a move to another town!) but a clean break. My thanks go the Mike and Annette (our next door neighbours in St Mikes) who were very supportive both morally and in buying and helping us sell a lot of our stuff.

After a long flight via Johannesburg and Hong Kong (and a very welcome upgraded seat to Business Class from Hong Kong to Cebu) we were here.

No comments: