Saturday 29 March 2014

Kopico is So Good

Since arriving in the Philippines I have become a fan of the premix sachets of a wide variety of hot drinks ... and especially Kopico and all its derivatives and competitors.

A simple blend of coffee, creamer and sugar in a one cup sachet. Goes so well with my hot water on tap water cooler and heater. What could be easier to produce an instant hot cup of coffee ... or chocolate (some are really excellent) or Milo or Ovaltine?

They are really delicious (as long as you enjoy a two spoon helping of sugar) and I've completely gone off traditional instant coffee and will choose a cup of Kopico over brewed coffee any time.



Now available in various combinations including cappucino. It appears to be a very competitive market space with many other options including Nestle available. In what is a very lucrative, growing market. Added to my collection is now a variety of Swiss Miss chocolate drinks and Milo. A concentrated cup of Milo is my choice before my morning walk ... so no wonder they were a sponsor of Comrades Marathon for so many years!!

I just wonder why these are not available in South Africa as they are delicious, cheap and so easy to prepare. They are in sealed sachets so have a long shelf life and are available at every convenience store.

The only negative I can see is that there is probably an excess amount of packaging ... a negative both on the price and the growing piles of waste packaging. So hopefully it is biodegradeable.

Please let me know what you think of them or what you prefer?

No comments: